"First things first. Your business is life, not death. Follow me. Pursue life."
Matthew 8:20

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

succumb to the search.

Well I did it. 
I drank the blogging kool-aid. 
I remember once, someone asked me if I had a blog. The only thought that occurred to me then was, why?
What could I, a young, inexperienced girl, have to say to the vast, unknown world wide web?
The answer?
Probably not much.
Yet, here I sit, in a college dorm room, excited to be writing, or more likely, rambling, on a laptop.

This week I have been faced with the question that all  young people dread: What are you going to do with your life. And I can honestly say, I don't know. I don't know what my life will look like. I hardly know what my next weekend will look like. But, I do know what I love. I do know what I'm passionate about. Writing. People. Change.
This is the happy struggle of Americans. Not, "How will I eat?" or "Where will I sleep?", but "How will I choose to conduct this life that has been handed to me?".
 So here I am, in the pursuit. 
Of a calling, of my future, of God. 
I'm hoping that in the search, I will come to know just what, and who, it is I am created to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment